Best Ever Cranberry Catsup (#1545)
Share This Recipe
- 4 cups Cranberries fresh
- 2 cups Onions finely chopped
- 2 cups Water
- 4 cups Sugar
- 2 cups Vinegar white
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Allspice ground
- 1 Tbsp Celery Seeds
- 2 tsp Ground Cloves
- In 3-quart dutch oven, combine cranberries, onion and water; bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes (or until berries are easily mashed).
- Purée mixture or push through a sieve.
- In dutch oven, combine purée, sugar, vinegar and spices; bring to a boil.
- Boil gently, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the mixture is the consistency of ketchup.
- Stir occasionally to prevent sticking (mixture will thicken).
- Remove from heat; skim off foam.
- Ladle into hot canning jars, leaving 1/2 inch, and put lids on jars.
- Put in boiling water for 5 minutes.