Red Thai Curry Green beans, Sweet potatoes and Tofu (#1541)
Curries Thai Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 4 tsp Canola Oil divided
- 14 oz Tofu 1 package, extra-firm, rinsed, patted dry and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound Sweet Potatoes, Or Yams cut into 1-inch cubes
- 14 oz Coconut Milk 1 can
- 3/4 cup Low Salt Chicken Broth or vegetable broth
- 2 tsp Red Curry Paste more or less to taste
- 1/2 pound Green Beans trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup Cilantro freshly chopped
- 1 Limes quartered
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add tofu and cook, stirring every 2 or 3 minutes, until browned, about 8 minutes total.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil.
- Add sweet potato and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, broth and red curry paste to taste.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potato is just tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add tofu, green beans and brown sugar, return to a simmer and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the green beans are tender crisp, 3or 4 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and salt.
- Sprinkle with cilantro leaves on top.
- Serve warm over steamed rice with lime wedges.