Orange Poppyseed Dressing (#1538)
Share This Recipe
- 2/3 cups Vegetable Oil safflower, corn, or peanut
- 1/4 cup Limes juice
- 2 tablespoons Oranges juice
- 2 tablespoons Oranges rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons Onions green, minced
- 1 Tbsp Poppy Seed toasted
- 1 Salt to taste
- 1 Black Pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a screw-top jar.
- Shake vigorously.
- Chill until serving.
- This dressing complements any green salad, but the addition of some small chunks of cantaloupe, honeydew, or star fruit to your greens will enhance the orange-honey flavor of the dressing. Or try it over slices of cold roast pork with nectarine wedges on watercress.
- Poppy seeds: Did you know that it takes almost a million seeds to make a pound? These tiny bluish-black gems come from the opium poppy plant. But even if you eat a million, you won't experience any narcotic effect. Connoisseurs say those imported from holland taste best. For even better flavor, seeds should be slightly toasted in a 350° f (180° c) oven for about 5 minutes.