Whole Wheat Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (#1536)
Share This Recipe
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 large Eggs
- 3/4 cup Pumpkin Purée (Canned) puree, or homemade
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour regular whole wheat flour works fine too
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips (Semi-Sweet)
- Preheat oven to 400° f (200° c).
- Grease muffin tins with butter or cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Combine together sugar, oil, eggs in a large bowl (you can use a stand mixer here, if desired).
- Stir in pumpkin and water.
- In different bowl mix together the dry ingredients.
- Add to wet mixture in batches to incorporate fully.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until a wooden stick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for a few minutes, serve warm, or cool on a wire rack completely and store at an air-tight container.