Asparagus and Mushroom Strudel (#1533)
Pastries Strudels Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil divided
- 2 Shallots sliced
- 2 cups Portabello Mushrooms mini, sliced
- 2 cups Mushrooms white, sliced
- 2 cups Asparagus trimmed and cut into pieces, 2-inch long
- 3 tablespoons Parsley Leaves freshly chopped
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese divided
- 4 Phyllo (Filo) Pastry Sheets frozen, thawed overnight in the refrigerator
- 2 tsp Thyme divided
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Heat half the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add shallots and sauté for 60 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and sauté for 10 to 12 minutes or until most of the moisture has evaporated.
- Mix in asparagus and sauté until slightly tender, about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Cool slightly, then mix in the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, pepper and 3 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
- Mix well, taste and adjust seasoning if needed and set aside.
- Working on a clean surface, brush the first sheet of phyllo with olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets, stacking one top of the other with the longer sides parallel to the counter's edge.
- Place filling along the longer edge of phyllo and roll into a log, tucking in the sides to prevent mixture from falling out.
- Carefully place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Brush strudel with olive oil and top with parmesan cheese
- Cut three diagonal slits width-wise into top of strudel.
- Bake for about 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly.
- Slice where strudel is slit to make four equal portions.
- Serve warm.