Guacamole Cherry Tomatoes (#1529)
Share This Recipe
- 8 oz Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 large Avocados ripe
- 4 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Onions chopped
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 6 slices Bacon
- Remove stems from tomatoes.
- Cut each in half crosswise.
- Scoop out and discard seed pockets.
- Lay, cut side down, on paper towels for about 30 minutes.
- Peel and remove pit from avocado, in small bowl, mash avocado coarsely with fork.
- Stir in lemon juices finely chopped onion, garlic and salt until blended.
- With two spoons, pile about 1 teaspoon of filling into each tomato half. (or use a pastry bag if you have one for faster preparation)
- If made ahead you can refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Optional, cook bacon in wide frying pan over medium heat until crisp; drain; let cool, then crumble and sprinkle over filled tomatoes.