Moroccan Sauce for Kefta (#1526)
Share This Recipe
- 15 oz Canned Tomatoes diced, drained (reserve liquid)
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Yellow Onion minced
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin ground
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons Italian Parsley fresh, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Coriander Seeds ground
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat; add the minced onion and garlic. Sauté briefly, 1 to 2 minutes. Mix in the tomatoes, tomato paste, 1/2 cup of the reserved tomato juices, and the rest of the spices and herbs. Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes (sauce will be reduced and thicker). Stir in a little water (about 1/4 cup) and add your cooked kefta. Cover; reduce heat to low and simmer at least one hour, stirring occasionally, until sauce is very thick (add more water to pan, if necessary, to avoid the kefta from burning to the bottom of the pan).
- This is delightful served with couscous, a vegetables and warmed pita.