Chicken Thighs Glazed with Orange-Thyme-Cumin Sauce (#1524)
Chicken Poultry Main
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 cup White Wine dry
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 3 tablespoons Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Thyme minced
- 1 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Ginger minced
- 1 tsp Cumin ground
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper seeded, optional
- 8 Chicken Thighs (Boneless & Skinless) skinless
- Remove the skin and the surface layer of fat from the thighs.
- Towel dry.
- In a large nonstick skillet, combine the sauce ingredients, including the jalapeno.
- Over medium-high heat, bring the mixture to a boil, then add the chicken (bones up).
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cover, turn the chicken pieces over, raise the heat to medium and cook until the liquid is evaporated and the chicken is glazed, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Adjust heat as necessary.
- Pantry: Shoyu, a japanese soy sauce that is lower in salt.
- Substitutions: Vegetable stock or water for dry white wine.
- Canned jalapeno pepper.
- 1 tablespoon of garlic chives, snipped instead of clove garlic.
- Do not substitute white meat.