Sole with Lemon, Capers and Almonds (#1521)
Share This Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Almonds slivered
- 1 1/4 pounds Sole Fillets
- 3 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 Black Pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 cup White Wine dry
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Lemon Juice fresh
- 2 tablespoons Capers drained
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Place the almonds in a small skillet and put on medium heat.
- Set the timer for 4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the nuts continue to toast in the hot pan; stir occasionally.
- Dredge the sole in the flour.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat until hot.
- Cook half of the fish about 2 minutes per side, or until done.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm while repeating with the remaining teaspoon oil and fish.
- Add the wine to the pan and boil until reduced by half.
- Add the lemon juice, capers and butter, stirring until the butter has melted.
- Pour over the fish and garnish with the almonds.