Eggplant Pomodoro Pasta (#1520)
Pastas Main Low Fat Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound Eggplant cut into 1/2-inch cubes, about 1 medium
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 4 Italian Plum (Roma) Tomatoes diced
- 1/3 cup Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions chopped pitted
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 tsp Capers rinsed
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Peppers optional
- 12 oz Angel Hair Pasta whole-wheat
- 1/4 cup Parsley Leaves freshly chopped
- Put a pot of water on to boil.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add eggplant and cook, stirring occasionally, until just softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, olives, vinegar, capers, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper (if using) and cook, stirring, until the tomatoes begin to break down, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water until just tender, about 6 minutes or according to package directions.
- Drain and divide the pasta among 6 shallow bowls.
- Spoon the sauce over the pasta and sprinkle parsley (or basil) on top.