Mussels with Spanish Green Olives (#1515)
Share This Recipe
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 small Red Onion finely diced
- 1 clove Garlic sliced
- 100 grams Chorizo Sausage freshly diced
- 1000 grams Mussels
- 150 ml White Wine
- 16 Green Olives spanish such as manzanilla, pitted and halved
- 1 Thyme sprig
- 1 Black Pepper freshly ground
- 1 Tbsp Parsley Leaves freshly chopped and flat-leaf
- In a large pan heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Fry onion and the garlic in the olive oil for 3 minutes or just as the garlic changes to golden.
- Add the chorizo and fry until it starts to crisp – discard some of the fat from the chorizo if it is too much.
- Put the mussels in the pan, with the wine, olives and the sprig of thyme and cover.
- Cook for about 4 minutes or until the mussels have opened; discard any mussels that have remained shut.
- Add some fresh black pepper and the chopped parsley and serve immediately.