Rapini and Tofu Stir Fry (#1513)
Stir Fries Chinese Main Low Fat Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 8 oz Tofu firm, pat dry, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons Tamari Soy Sauce divided
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar divided
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil divided
- 1 tsp Hot Chili Pepper Oil sichuan, optional
- 1 Red Pepper Flakes as needed
- 2 tsp Cornstarch divided
- 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil divided
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 inch Ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions sliced
- 1 cup Mushrooms button or cremini, sliced, 4 to 6 mushrooms
- 1/2 Sweet Red Bell Peppers seeded and slice into strips
- 2 Celery Stalks ends chopped, cut into 3-inch match sticks
- 8 oz Rapini (Broccoli Rabe) rapini, well washed, tough ends removed
- In a bowl, add the tofu cubes, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1/2 tablespoon vinegar, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Toss gently until all the tofu cubes are well coated. Let sit for half an hour if needed.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the tofu cubes, stirring occasionally, and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer tofu onto a plate. Set aside.
- Meanwhile whisk together the remaining soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, hot chili oil if using, cornstarch, red pepper flakes, and sugar until well combined. Set aside.
- Add the remaining oil into the skillet or wok.
- Add the garlic, ginger and scallions, stirring frequently, and cook until very fragrant, about 50 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms, stirring often, and cook until the mushrooms are soft and half of the water is evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the bell pepper, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the celery and rapini, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until the greens are tender.
- Return the tofu cubes to the pan, and poured the sauce over.
- Stir until well coated and heated through, 1 minute.
- Serve over rice or noodles.