Moist Cherry Ricotta Muffins (#1512)
Muffins Snacks Breakfast
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter melted and cooled, plus 2 tablespoons canola oil or grape seed oil, or olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour or still use white flour
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar or up to 3/4 cup if you prefer sweeter
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Lemon freshly grated zest
- 1 2/3 cups Cherries freshly pitted and chopped, if using frozen, do not let cherries thaw
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray, or grease with butter, or line with paper cups.
- Add the ricotta cheese and eggs into a medium bowl, whisking until well blended.
- Pour the buttermilk, vanilla extract, lemon juice, butter and vegetable oil into the bowl, and whisk again until mix well. Set aside.
- In anther bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest, whisking until well combined.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture.
- Mix until just incorporated.
- Gently fold the cherries and juice into the batter. Do not over mix.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups.
- Bak the muffins until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 30 minutes. If using frozen cherries, the baking time is a few minutes longer.
- Cool on a wire rack completely.
- Store at an air-tight container for a few days or can be frozen well.