Potato and Spinach Frittata (#1507)
Share This Recipe
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Yellow Onion chopped
- 1 medium Potatoes peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes, about 1 cup
- 2 cups Spinach fresh, or 1 cup frozen and thawed
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- 4 large Eggs
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- In a medium nonstick skillet, add 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, and heat over medium heat until hot.
- Add the onions, and cook unit soft, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the potato cubes, stirring occasionally, and cook until soft, another 8 minutes or more.
- Stir in spinach, and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes or so until spinach leaves are wilted.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- While you're cooking the vegetables, in a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until foamy and well mixed. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Stir in cheese.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, spread the veggies evenly in the skillet.
- Drizzle remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil along the side of the pan.
- Pour the egg mixture all over the veggies, and cook over medium to medium-low heat for about 5 minutes until it sets.
- Meanwhile preheat the broiler.
- Once the egg mixture has set, place the skillet underneath the broiler, and keep cooking until the top becomes firm to touch, golden and brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Watch closely, it's fast, so do not let it burn.
- Remove the pan with a kitchen towel or an oven mitt, and be cautious that the handle of the pan is hot. So leave the towel or oven mitt around the handle to remind you that it's hot.
- Run the edges of the frittata with a rubber spatula.
- Invert it onto a serving plate.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm with whole grain toast and fresh fruits if desired.