Crunchy Chocolate Peanut Butter and Coconut Bars (#1503)
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 3 cups Crisp Rice Cereal prefer whole grain or brown rice
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats toasted in 350 F oven for 12 minutes
- 1/4 cup Bran toasted, or wheat germ
- 1/4 cup Ground Flax Seed
- 1 cup Coconut, Shredded, Unsweetened (Desiccated) if using sweetened, omit the sugar
- 1 Tbsp Instant Coffee powder
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips semi sweet
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a 2 quart saucepan, mix together honey and brown sugar.
- Cook under medium-high heat and stir until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Stir in peanut butter until well blended. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cereal, oats, wheat bran or germ, ground flax seed, coconut flakes, instant coffee powder, chocolate chips and vanilla.
- Mix until well combined.
- Transfer mixture into an 9x9x2 inch pan lined with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Press firmly and chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Cut into bars and enjoy.
- The bars can be kept in an air-tight container in the frige for up to a few weeks or in the freezer for up to months.