Chicken Fried Steak and Cream Gravy (#1501)
Beef Chicken Main
Share This Recipe
- 2 1/2 pounds Round Steak
- 5 oz Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons Red Hot Pepper Sauce green
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour divided
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 3/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper cracked
- 1 Vegetable Oil
- Trim steak and pound, if needed, to 1/2 inch thick; cut into 6 to 8 pieces.
- Combine milk, tabasco sauce and salt in a bowl.
- Measure 1 cup of flour into a bowl.
- Combine remaining flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Dip steak into flour, into milk mixture, and then into seasoned flour.
- Set aside until all meat is coated. Heat 1 or 2 inches of oil in fry pan.
- Fry meat until both sides are golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with cream gravy, mashed potatoes and gravy.
- Cream sauce: Pour off all but 6 tablespoon of fat from fry pan; add 6 tablespoons flour into pan (use any leftover seasoned flour) and blend well. Gradually stir in 2 1/2 cups milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Cover steaks with gravy when served.