Whole Wheat Banana-Coconut Bread (#1497)
Breads Snacks Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour or whole wheat pastry, or white whole wheat
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1 cup Shredded Desiccated Coconut unsweetened, if sweetened may reduce sugar a bit
- 1 cup Coconut Milk plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Bananas ripe and mashed
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips (Semi-Sweet)
- Preheat the oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Butter and flour a regular loaf pan.
- Whisk together the whole wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda into a bowl until well mixed.
- Stir in the sugar and coconut flakes until well combined.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, eggs, mashed bananas and vanilla until well blended.
- Pour the wet mixture into dry mixture, and stir until just moistened and incorporated.
- Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 70 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let the bread cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 15 minutes.
- Turn it out onto the wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice into slices and serve.