Fresh Corn and Polish Sausage Chowder (#1491)
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds Polish Kielbasa Sausage 1/4 inch thick
- 2 medium Potatoes cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 Bay Leaves
- 1 Green Bell Peppers chopped
- 2 oz Pimentos sliced
- 1 medium Onions chopped
- 13 3/4 oz Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Corn cut from 2 ears
- 2 cups Cabbage shredded
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 Salt
- 1 White Pepper
- 1 Paprika
- Place sausage slices in a 4- to 6-quart kettle or dutch oven; cook over medium heat, stirring, to brown sausage lightly in its own drippings.
- Spoon off fat.
- Add potatoes, bay leaf, green pepper, pimientos, onion, and broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 to 25 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in corn and cabbage and boil gently, uncovered, about 3 minutes.
- Add milk.
- Heat slowly just until soup is steaming hot (do not boil).
- Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Sprinkle with paprika.