Homemade Shortcrust Pizza (#1488)
Share This Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 300 grams Carrots sliced
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 500 grams Smoked Salmon sliced
- 4 tablespoons Pizza Sauce
- 2 tsp Garlic chopped
- 1 tsp Salt to taste
- 3 whole Eggs
- 50 grams Onions diced
- 300 grams Tomatoes ,sliced
- 250 grams All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt to taste
- 125 grams Butter , chilled
- 100 ml Water cooled
- 1 whole Egg Yolks
- For the crust/basket: Sift the flour. Place the flour and salt in a large bowl. Mix. Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Next add the egg yolk and the water. Mix well your hands. Try to work quickly.
- Wrap the dough and chill for 10 -15 minutes.
- Now take the dough and split it in half. Roll each dough half out into a 12 inch square that is about 1/8 inch thick, using a rolling pin. Cut it into a round shape (diameter 10 inch).
- Put the pastry round into the greased mould (use butter or coking spray) and make sure the dough goes up the sides as well. Then trim off the excess pastry. Prick the base with a fork to prevent air bubbles.
- For the filling: In a pan heat two tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat add garlic and mix until it softens just a bit. Next add carrots, pepper and salt. Mix until carrots soften a bit. Add in the sliced salmon just to heat it up. Mix well.
- Now spread pizza sauce (two tablespoons) in the pastry. Put 1/2 of the salmon mixture on top of the pizza sauce.. next scatter 25 grams of onions and 150 grams of tomatoes.
- Beat eggs individually until light and frothy. Now pour one and half eggs over the one pizza
- Bake the pizza for about 25 minutes at 220c degrees or until the crust is golden brown.
- The handle was made out of pastry dough. You can do this with the extra scraps of dough if you want. Ihave done in the photo above.
- Serve and enjoy. See my website
- Www. Recipesrilanka. Blogspot. Com
- Www. Stellarecipe. Webs. Com