Twice-Baked Potatoes with Cheese and Chilies (#1485)
Share This Recipe
- 4 large Russet Potatoes
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons Black Olives imported
- 1/2 cup Canned Green Chili Peppers mild, diced
- 5 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese grated, plus additional for topping
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 Black Olives for garnish
- Scrub and dry the potatoes.
- Cut a small, deep slit in the top of each potato.
- Set the potatoes on the middle rack of a preheated 375° f (190° c) f oven and bake for about 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Let potatoes cool slightly, cut off the tops and scrape the potato pulp into a bowl.
- Do not scrape so deeply that you tear the potato skin.
- Salt and pepper the potato shells; reserve.
- Mash the potato pulp and stir in 4 tbs chopped olives, diced green chilies, and enough heavy cream to give the mixture the desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and stir in 1/2 cup grated cheese.
- Divide the potato mixture equally among the shells, mounding the filling slightly.
- Sprinkle with additional grated cheese and place on baking sheet.
- Bake again at 400° f (200° c) until potatoes are hot and cheese is bubbling.
- Top each potato with a generous dollop of sour cream, and add a black olive if you like.
- Serve immediately.