Banana Pecan Torte with Cream Cheese Frosting (#1481)
Cakes Desserts Holidays
Share This Recipe
- 3 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Butter softened
- 2 1/2 cups Sugar
- 4 large Eggs at room temperature
- 2 cups Bananas over ripe, mashed, 3-4 medium
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract pure
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1 cup Pecans chopped and toasted, may also use walnuts
For The Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz Cream Cheese 1 package
- 1/2 cup Butter softened, 1 stick
- 3 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract pure
- Preheat oven to 350° f. Grease and flour three 9 inch round cake pans, tapping out excess flour.
- In a bowl, whisk together the first 3 dry ingredients; set aside.
- Toast pecans*; set aside to cool.
- Mash bananas and measure out 2 cups; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in bananas and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of the pecans.
- Divide evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes before inverting onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile take cream cheese and butter out of fridge to soften.
- Beat cream cheese, butter and sugar in small mixer bowl. Add vanilla. Spread only between layers and over top of cake. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of pecans.
- *to toast pecans: Heat a cast iron, or other heavy skillet. Place the pecans in the pan and heat until they get hot and aromatic (only about 3 minutes), shaking constantly.
- Nutrition facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 623 calories, 29 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 509 mg sodium, 87 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.