Garlic Topped Paprika Mashed Potatoes (#1480)
Share This Recipe
- 2 pounds Russet Potatoes unpeeled and scrubbed
- 2 tsp Paprika preferably smoked
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic finely chopped or minced
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup Milk whole, up to 1 cup
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of salted water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer until the potatoes are fork tender, about 25 minutes. Drain well.
- Cool enough to handle, peel off the skin.
- Cut the peeled potatoes into chunks and place into a ricer or food mill set over the pot, rice or process the potatoes. If you don't have either of them, use masher to mash the potatoes chunks in the pot.
- While the potatoes are boiling in the pot, toast the paprika in a small pan over medium heat, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes until very fragrant.
- Place it into a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the butter and the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat until the butter melts and oil is hot.
- Stir in the chopped garlic and lower the heat to medium low or low.
- Cook the garlic, stirring constantly, until the garlic becomes golden and brown, about 12 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let sit for about 8 minutes to allow the garlic infuse the garlic more and become browner.
- Drain the butter over a small drainer over a measuring cup. Reserve the toasted garlic bits.
- Pour the butter and olive oil mixture into the mashed potatoes, and mix well.
- Season with salt, black pepper and toasted paprika to taste.
- Pour in the warm milk, and stir until just combined.
- Sprinkle the toasted garlic bits on top and serve warm.