American Light Wheat Sandwich Bread (#1475)
Breads Sandwiches American
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Water warm
- 1 cup Milk warm
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 2 1/2 tsp Active Dry Yeast rapid rise
- Turn your oven on for 2 minutes to warm, then turn off the oven heat.
- Add the flour and salt to the bowl of your food process and pulse several times to combine.
- In a glass measure, add the milk, water, butter and honey. Microwave for 30 seconds to one minute to warm (no more than 100 degrees f). Stir in the yeast.
- Add the liquid to the food processor and process until a ball forms. Let rest for 2 minutes, then process for one minute.
- Turn out the dough onto a very lightly floured surface (the dough should be slightly tacky) and knead by hand until smooth and elastic (several minutes).
- Shape into a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place into the warmed oven to rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Grease a loaf pan (using a pullman loaf pan will give you a perfectly square sandwich shape, see the link below).
- Turn out the dough and form into a loaf. Place into the greased loaf pan and allow to rise until doubled, about 20 to 30 minutes. If using a pullman loaf pan, slide the top cover into place.
- While the loaf is rising, preheat the oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer reads 200 degrees f when inserted into the center of the loaf.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes then turn out and cool on a wire rack.