Jamaican Jerk Chicken Wings (#1471)
Appetizers Sauces Chicken Poultry
Share This Recipe
For The Marinade
- 1 Onions chopped
- 2/3 cup Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Thyme crumbled
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Allspice ground
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg grated
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Jalapeño Pepper minced
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 6 Red Hot Pepper Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
Add To Marinade
- 18 Chicken Wings trimmed
- Marinade: In a food processor or blender, purée all ingredients except for the wings.
- In a large shallow dish arrange the wings in one layer and spoon the marinade over them, rubbing it in (use rubber gloves).
- Let them marinate, covered and chilled, turning them once, at least 1 hour, or preferably, overnight.
- Arrange the wings in one layer on an oiled rack set over a foil- lined roasting pan, spoon the marinade over them and bake in the upper third of a preheated 450° f (230° c) oven, 30 to 35 minutes, or until they are cooked through.