Orzo with Broccoli, Feta Cheese, and Olives (#1469)
Pastas Main Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Orzo Pasta
- 1 bunch Broccoli Florets cut into florets
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Pine Nuts
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes crushed
- 3/4 cup Feta Cheese crumbled or diced
- 3/4 cup Black Olives pitted, halved
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1/4 cup Basil fresh, chopped
- Cook orzo in pot of boiling salted water until tender, but still firm to bite (about 8 minutes)
- Add broccoli and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in heavy small skillet over medium heat.
- Add pine nuts and stir until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add crushed red pepper.
- Remove mixture from heat after about 30 more seconds.
- Drain orzo and broccoli. Transfer to large bowl.
- Pour oil mixture over and toss to coat.
- Add feta, olives, parmesan and basil and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.