Almond-Apricot Biscotti (#1465)
Chocolate Cookies Desserts
Share This Recipe
- 2 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter chilled, cut into pieces
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ginger ground
- 3 1/2 oz White Chocolate cut into pieces
- 1 2/3 cups Almonds whole, toasted
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Brandy apricot, plus 1 tbsp
- 2 tsp Almond Extract
- 6 oz Apricots diced
- Line 18 x 12 x 1-inch cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine first 6 ingredient in processor.
- Process until fine meal forms.
- Add white chocolate and process until finely chopped.
- Add toasted almonds and chop coarsely, using 6 to 8 on/off turns.
- Beat eggs, brandy and extract to blend in large bowl.
- Add flour mixture and apricots and stir until moist dough forms.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls in three 12-inch-long strips on prepared sheet, spacing evenly.
- Moisten fingertips and shape each dough strip into 2- inch-wide log.
- Refrigerate until dough is firm, about 30 minutes.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350° f (180° c).
- Bake until logs are golden, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer sheet to rack and cool completely.
- Reduce heat to 300 degress f.
- Cut logs from sides of pan if necessary.
- Transfer to work surface.
- Using heavy sharp knife, cut each log crosswise into 3/4 inch-wide slices.
- Arrange half of cookies cut side down on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Gently turn cookies over and bake 10 minutes longer. Transfer cookies to racks.
- Repeat baking with remaining cookies.
- Cool cookies completely.
- Can be prepared 2 weeks ahead; store in airtight container at room temperature.