Caesar Salad with Roasted Asian-Flavored Tofu (#1461)
Salads Asian Side Low Fat Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
For The Tofu
- 14 oz Tofu extra-firm, 1 package, drained
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons Miso Paste any kind
- 4 cloves Garlic or to taste, minced
For The Croutons
- 2 slices Bread crusts removed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, prefer whole wheat
- 1 1/2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
For The Dressing And Salad
- 6 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 4 tsp Miso Paste
- 1 clove Garlic or to taste, minced
- 8 1/2 cups Romaine Lettuce torn into bite size
- 2 1/2 cups Radicchio torn into bite size
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Place racks in upper and lower thirds of oven, preheat oven to 425°f.
- Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- For the tofu:
- Pat tofu dry with a clean kitchen papper towel and cut into 3/4 inch cubes.
- Mix together lemon juice, miso and garlic in a large bowl until well blended.
- Gently toss in the tofu until well coated..
- Arrange the tofu in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake on the upper oven rack, turning about 3 times, until browned, for about 20 minutes.
- For the croutons:
- Add bread, oil, pepper and salt in a medium bowl, and gently toss until well combined.
- Place in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake on the lower oven rack, turning two times, until browned and crisp, for about 14 minutes.
- For the dressing and salad:
- Add oil, lemon juice, miso and garlic in a large bowl, and whisk until well blended.
- Toss in lettuce and radicchio until evenly coated.
- Top the tofu and croutons, sprinkle with parmesan.