Banana Marble Chocolate Cake (#1456)
Share This Recipe
- 1/4 cup Margarine soft
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 large Bananas mashed
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour or half whole wheat and half white flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 cup Non-Fat Yogurt plain or low-fat
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 4 tsp Cocoa Powder unsweetened,, sifted
- 1 tsp Instant Coffee powder, optional
- 4 tsp Milk low-fat
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c) f; coat a 9-inch bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl or food processor, cream together margarine and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, bananas and vanilla extract until well mixed.
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to banana mixture alternately with yogurt, mixing just until blended.
- Pour all but 1/2 cup of the batter into the cake pan.
- Combine sugar, cocoa, coffee powder if using and milk; add to reserved batter, blending well.
- Pour over batter in the pan; draw a knife through the mixture to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- This cake can also be made in a 9-inch square baking pan; test cake at 40 minutes for doneness.
- May be frozen for up to 6 weeks.