Oatmeal Raspberry Bar Cookies (Healthier Version) (#1453)
Cookies Desserts Snacks Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter melted
- 6 tablespoons Olive Oil or canola oil, or grape seed oil
- 1 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Raspberry Jam
- 1/2 cup Fruit Jam blueberry, or still use raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Lightly coat an 8 inch square pan, line a same sized parchment paper over the bottom. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix well together two jams.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter, olive oil and egg until well blended.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, flour, oats baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- Pour liquid mixture into flour-oat mixture, and stir until just incorporated and moistened.
- Press 2 cups of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Spread the jam to within 1/4 inch of the edge.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top and lightly press it into the jam.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes and allow to cool on a wire rack in the pan.
- Cut into 2 x 1 1/2 inch bars.
- Note: The bars can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for at least a week.