Amazing Chewy Crispy Apricot Walnut Energy Bars (#1448)
Share This Recipe
- 3 cups Rolled Oats old-fashioned
- 2 oz Walnuts chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 3 cups Puffed Wheat Cereal or grain, or rice
- 2 cups Dried Apricots chopped
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/3 cups Silken Tofu drained, 12 ounces
- 1 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- 1 cup Honey
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Zest freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 350°f.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix oats and walnuts in a medium bowl.
- Spread mixture on a baking sheet with sides.
- Bake until fragrant and light golden, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl, then add puffed cereal, dried apricots, flour and salt; stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, purée tofu, 1 large egg, oil, honey, vanilla and lemon zest in a food processor or blender until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Make a well in the center of the oat mixture; fold in the tofu mixture until combined.
- Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake until firm in the center and golden brown, about 38 minutes.
- Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars with a sharp knife.