Woman's Day Bechamel Sauce (#1447)
Share This Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Milk hot
- 1 Salt to taste
- 1 White Pepper to taste
- 1 pinch Nutmeg optional
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Do not let it brown.
- Add flour and stir until mixture is well blended and bubbling.
- Gradually stir in the hot milk, whisking continuously until the mixture returns to the boil and begins to thicken.
- Simmer, stirring frequently, over very low heat for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, white pepper and a pinch of nutmeg (optional).
- Makes 1 cup of thick sauce.