15 Minute Broccoli Italian Style (#1438)
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 pound Broccoli Florets whole head
- 1 quart Water
- 1/4 tsp Salt or add 1 tablespoon to the cooking water that will be discarded
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic minced
- 1 Black Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper Flakes crushed
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese grated
- Separate the broccoli florets and trim the tough skin from the stalks.
- Put the broccoli leaves in boiling water with salt.
- A minute later, add the florets.
- Return to a boil and cook for 3 minutes or until tender but resistant to the bite (tender crisp to your preference). Do not overcook. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add garlic.
- Cook over moderate heat for a minute and add the broccoli leaves and florets.
- Cook, tossing to coat and re-heat the broccoli, for about 1 minute.
- Taste and correct seasoning and sprinkle with parmesan cheese to taste.