Charred New Potato and Fennel Salad (#1432)
Salads Side Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 2 pounds Potatoes
- 2 medium Fennel Bulb
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions chopped
- Set broiler rack about 6 inches from heat. Turn on broiler.
- Toss potatoes and fennel in 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Spread in single layer on broiler pan.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Broil until blistered and slightly blackened, turning once, about 5 minutes per side.
- Bake in 400 degrees oven until just tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Do not overcook potatoes.
- When cool enough to handle, cut potatoes.
- Toss with all oil, 6 tablespoons vinegar and remaining ingredients.
- Season to taste.
- Add remaining tablespoon vinegar if needed. Can be made several hours ahead and kept at room temperature or a day ahead and refrigerated, covered airtight.
- Let come to room temperature before serving.
- Adjust seasoning.
- 'this salad would be a great accompaniment to any grilled meat or poultry.
- Try to make it several hours or a day ahead so the flavors have a chance to deepen and meld together.