Nutty Almond, Raspberry Jam and Apricot Granola Bars (#1429)
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup Bran
- 1/4 cup Almonds finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Dried Apricots or prunes, or a mixture of both
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips (Semi-Sweet)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter or peanut butter, creamy and natural
- 1/3 cup Raspberry Jam
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Almond Extract
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c). Spray a 8 by 8-inch or 7 by 9-inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl add oats, bran, almonds, dried fruits, and chocolate chips. Stir until well mixed.
- In another bowl, mix together remaining ingredients and add to dry mixture. Mix until all ingredients are moistened and well combined.
- Press mixture with your palm coated with a bit oil into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until top becomes golden and brown. Firm when touch.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack completely.
- Cut into bars and serve or keep in an air-tight container or jar for up to 1 week in refrigerator, or freezer for up to at least 1 month.