Fresh Apple Cake with Caramel and Walnuts (#1421)
Cakes Desserts Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 4 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 3 cups Whole Wheat Flour or whole wheat pastry, or white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 4 medium Apples prefer tart apples, such as Granny Smith, finely chopped
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz Cream Cheese low fat
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Milk or more to desired consistency
- 1/2 cup Walnuts chopped and toasted
- 1/3 cup Caramel Sauce any your favourite
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Well butter and flour a bundt pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, apple sauce, olive oil, vanilla extract and milk until well mixed.
- In another large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon, and whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir until just moistened.
- Stir in the apples and mix until evenly combined.
- Transfer the batter to prepared bunt cake pan and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Remove the cake from the pan and let cool completely on the rack.
- To make the cream cheese
- Once the cake has cooled, in a medium bowl, with a hand mixer or a whisk, mix the cream cheese, male syrup and milk until very smooth. Add a little milk as you mix until it achieves desired consistency.
- Drizzle the cream cheese frosting over the cake, then garnish with the chopped walnuts and caramel sauce.
- Slice into slices and enjoy.