Chocolate-Cocoa Prune Squares (#1419)
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips (Semi-Sweet) or chocolate chunks
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 3 tablespoons Peanut Butter natural and creamy
- 16 oz Prunes
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats quick-cooking or rolled, toasetd
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder unsweetended
- 1 cup Nuts toasted, such as walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts
- Well grease a 8 by 8-inch square pan or any similar capacity pan with cooking spray or butter. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate, honey and peanut butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until smooth. Stir in cocoa powder until well mixed.
- Meanwhile in a food processor, process nuts until finely ground.
- Add toasted oats, and process until finely chopped.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Place prunes into the food processor and process until the mixture is finely chopped and it comes together nicely.
- Return the almond mixture into the food processor and process until well mixed.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, pour liquid mixture over, and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into prepared pan. Press firmly and evenly.
- Put the pan in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or over night. Or in the freezer for about 1 hour until set.
- Cut into small squares in the pan.
- Keep the squares in an air-tight container, and put in the frige for up to 1 week; or in the freezer for up to a month.