Jordan Marsh-Style Blueberry Muffins (#1416)
Share This Recipe
- 1/4 cup Butter unsalted, softened
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Shortening Crisco
- 1 cup Sugar granulated white
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs extra large
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Milk whole or 2%
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 pint Blueberries stems, if any, removed, rinsed and dried thoroughly
- 2 tablespoons Turbinado Sugar or granulated sugar (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper cups and grease top of pan; set aside.
- In an electric mixer, cream together the butter, shortening, sugar and salt until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add baking powder and eggs; mix well. Add flour, milk and vanilla extract; mix well. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Fill lined cups to the top generously with the batter. Sprinkle each with turbinado or granulated sugar.
- Bake at 450° f (230° c) for 5 minutes only; drop oven temperature to 375° f (190° c) and continue to bake 30 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and cool in tin for 5 minutes. Remove muffins to cooling rack and cool completely (or not, if you wish to eat the muffins while still warm).