Oatmeal-Bran Cookie Bars (#1412)
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups Rolled Oats old fashioned
- 3/4 cup Bran
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Butterscotch Chips
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c). Butter an 8-inch square pan, line with parchment paper, and butter parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix oats, bran, cinnamon, and salt in medium bowl.
- In small bowl, beat two eggs together. Add eggs and applesauce to oat mixture, and stir until combined. Mix in chocolate and butterscotch chips.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until set and starting to brown. Let cool and then cut into bars.
- This recipe makes some delicious, gooey, chocolatey bars that are relatively healthy. Applesauce replaces any butter or oil a normal recipe might call for. The bars are a little chewy due to all the oats, but the bran is barely noticeable. And don't forget that oats and bran are really good for you! I made these bars to take for a breakfast that would keep me full until lunchtime (a nice change from oatmeal or fruit and yogurt), but i'm sure they would make a good afternoon or after-dinner snack too.