Apple Butter Scones (#1408)
Share This Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup Seedless Raisins optional
- 1 cup Apple Butter
- 1 large Eggs slightly beaten
- 1 Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 1 Apple Butter for accompaniment
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees f.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- Cut in butter or margarine with pastry cutter or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add raisins. In a separate bowl combine apple butter and egg.
- Add flour mixture, stirring j ust until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spray 2 1/2 inch muffin tins with vegetable cooking spray.
- Fill almost full wi th batter. Bake at 425 degrees f for 14 to 16 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly.
- Serve warm with additional apple butter.