Fettuccine with Shrimp And Cream Sauce (#1405)
Appetizers Pastas Seafood
Share This Recipe
- 1 pound Fettuccine
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves fresh, chopped, or more to taste
- 1 pound Shrimp fresh, butterfly, jumbo
- 1 cup Parsley Leaves fresh, chopped
- 2 cups Mushrooms fresh, chopped
- 1 cup Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions chopped
- 1 Tbsp Sweet Red Bell Peppers
- 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup White Wine dry
- 1 pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 5 oz Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 Salt to taste
- Cook noodles according to package directions in boiling water with oil.
- While noodles are cooking, melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped garlic and shrimp; cook until shrimp turn pink, but do not allow garlic to turn brown.
- Add parsley, mushrooms, onions and red pepper; sauté for 1 minute. Add flour, mix thoroughly and add wine.
- Simmer for about 30 seconds, then add cream and heat through.
- Drain noodles and add to sauce with half the grated cheese.
- Fold in gently until noodles are well coated and cheese is melted. Taste and salt lightly.
- If sauce is too thin, continue heating until sauce reduces to a creamy consistency. If sauce is too thick, add cream.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and additional grated cheese and serve immediately.