Eggplant, Crispy Potato, and Bell Pepper Stir-Fry (#1404)
Low Fat Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 4 tablespoons Vegetable Oil divided
- 1 medium Potatoes peeled and slice into 1/4-inch thick rounds or pieces
- 1 medium Eggplant with peel, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium Green Bell Peppers seeded, and tear or cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cloves Garlic crushed or thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Ginger minced
- 2 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions sliced, plus more for serving
- 1/2 Tbsp Black Bean Sauce or to taste, I used Lee Kum Kee black bean-garlic sauce
- 1/4 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro for serving
- In a wok or a nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium hight heat until hot.
- Add the eggplant pieces, stirring often, and cook for about 5 minutes or until soft and browned.
- Transfer onto a plate and set aside.
- Add another 2 tablespoons oil into the same wok or skillet.
- Add the potato rounds or chunks, stirring occasionally, and cook until the potatoes are soft and golden-brown, about 8 minutes or longer.
- Place onto the same plate with eggplant. Set aside.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon oil into the same wok or skillet, stir in the bell peppers, and cook until the peppers start to become soft but still crunchy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer onto the same plate.
- Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil into the wok or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger and scallions, stirring constantly, and cook for 40 seconds to 1 minute until very fragrant.
- Return all the cooked veggies back to the pan, add all the seasoning ingredients to your taste.
- Cook for about 2 minutes until well combined and heated through.
- Serve hot with rice and top with scallions and cilantro.