Halloween Spider Cupcakes (#1399)
Cakes Desserts Halloween Holidays
Share This Recipe
- 18 1/4 oz Cake Mix, Chocolate 1 package
- 1 pound Black Licorice shoestring
- 16 oz Vanilla Frosting 1 can, white, or you can use chocolate frosting
- 48 Candy Corn
- 48 Candies cinnamon red hot
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar orange
- Prepare cupcakes according to package directions.
- Let cool completely.
- Cut licorice into 3 inch pieces.
- Working with one or two cupcakes at a time, so the frosting doesn't set before decorating, frost the cupcakes with the white frosting.
- Insert licorice pieces into the outer edges of the cupcakes to make the legs of the spider, 3 legs on each side (4 takes up too much space).
- Arrange two pieces of candy corn on the front of the cupcake for fangs and use two red hots as eyes.
- Sprinkle with decorator sugar.
- Repeat with remaining cupcakes.
- Serve or store at an air-tight container.