Eggplant and Bell Pepper Stir-Fry (#1398)
Stir Fries Chinese Low Fat Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1/2 inch Ginger freshly minced
- 2 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions sliced, plus extra for serving
- 1 Dried Red Chiles or as needed
- 8 oz Eggplant with peel, well washed, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Green Bell Peppers or any color you like
- 1 Tbsp Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tsp Hot Chili Pepper Oil sichuan, optional
- 1 pinch Sugar
- 1 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro for serving
- In a wok or a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the garlic, ginger and scallions, stirring constantly, and cook for about 40 seconds until very fragrant.
- Add the eggplant, stirring often, and cook until the eggplant pieces are soft and browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the bell pepper, and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until the bell peppers start to become soft but still crunchy.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, hot chili oil if using, sugar and rice vinegar, and cook for another 1 minute until heated through.
- Adjust the seasonings to taste if needed.
- Top with fresh cilantro and scallions, and serve warm with rice.