Christmas Lemon Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies (#1396)
Cookies Desserts Christmas Holidays
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 cup Raspberry Jam or jelly
- 1 Tbsp Chambord or kirsch
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Butter 2 sticks, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 2 large Egg Yolks
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest finely grated
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract pure
- Preheat the oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray, or parchment papper, or baking mats.
- In a small bowl, stir in the jam and chambord until well mixed.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt until blend.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Beat in the egg yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture in 2 additions and continue mixing just until moist clumps form.
- Gather the dough together into a ball.
- Pinch off the dough to form 1-inch balls.
- Put on the prepared baking sheets, 1-inch apart.
- Use your floured index finger or 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon to create depressions in the center of each ball.
- Fill each indentation with nearly 1/2 teaspoon of the jam mixture.
- Make about 4 dozens cookies.
- Bake until golden brown, 18 to 22 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.