Green Beans and Bacon with Sauteed Mushrooms and Shallots (#1395)
Share This Recipe
- 2 pounds Green Beans fresh, stems removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 oz Bacon 6 slices
- 1 pound Mushrooms crimini, sliced
- 1 medium Shallots minced
- 1 Tbsp Bacon Drippings or any kind of vegetable oil, or butter
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- Add to boiling water with a teaspoon of salt.
- Blanch the beans for about 4 minutes until tender-crisp.
- Drain beans and add into an ice water right away to stop cooking any further.
- Let cool completely and drain again.
- Cook bacon until crispy. Reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings if desired.
- Chop bacon into small pieces.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat, add 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings, or vegetable oil, or butter.
- Stir in the mushrooms and shallots.
- Sauté until mushrooms are golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in green beans and bacon bits and stir until mix well.
- Cook until heated through.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black to taste.
- Serve warm along with any main course.