Triple Cheese and Zucchini Galette (#1394)
Appetizers Main Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Kalamata Olives finely chopped and pitted
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Plain Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Water iced, or a little bit more
- 3 small Zucchini or 1 large one, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic or as needed, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Lemon freshly zested
- 1/4 cup Basil freshly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Mint Leaves freshly chopped, optional
- 1 large Eggs mixed with 1 tablespoon of water, for brushing the crust
- For the dough:
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt and black olives into a large bowl, whisk until well mixed.
- Add the olive oil, sour cream and water into the dry ingredients, stir until the dough forms, if it seems too dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of iced water.
- Shape the dough into a disc, cover with a plastic wrap, and chill in the frige for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the filling:
- Spread the zucchini evenly on several layers of paper towels.
- Sprinkle some salt over the zucchini and let rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Gently dry the top of zucchini with more paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil and the garlic.
- In a another bowl, add all the cheeses, lemon juice and zest, 1 tablespoon of the garlic-olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the galette:
- Preheat oven to 400° f (200° c).
- On a slightly floured cutting board, roll the dough out into a 12-inch circle.
- Transfer to a baking sheet slightly coated with cooking spray.
- Place the cheese mixture over the bottom of the galette dough, spread it evenly.
- Leaving a 2-inch edges.
- Arrange the zucchini slices on top of the cheese mixture in concentric circles, starting at the edge outside.
- Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoon of the garlic-olive oil over the zucchini.
- Fold the border up and over the filling to form a rim, pleating as you go.
- Stir egg and water briskly, brush lightly over the crust.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and puffed, the zucchini is slightly wilted and the crust is golden, about 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool on the baking sheet for 20 minutes.
- Slice into the wedges and top with basil and mint leaves.
- Serve warm.