Herbed Breadsticks (#1385)
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour divided
- 1 package Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Basil dried, whole
- 1 1/4 cups Water warm
- 1 tsp Oregano dried, whole
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 Butter or margarine,
- 1 Parmesan Cheese extra, grated
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, yeast, sugar, basil, oregano, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add water and oil; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer 3 to 4 minutes or until smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup parmesan cheese, garlic, and enough flour to make a stiff dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic (about 1 minute).
- Divide dough into fourths; shape each into a ball. Cut each ball into 10 pieces.
- Shape each piece into an 8-inch rope. (cover remaining dough while working to prevent drying.)
- Dip rope in butter, and roll in parmesan cheese. Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place (85 degrees), free from drafts, 50 minutes. (dough will not double in bulk.)
- Bake at 400° f (200° c) for 12 to 15 minutes.