Yummy Tzatziki (#1367)
Appetizers Greek Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups Plain Yogurt
- 2 Cucumbers
- 1 Salt to taste
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Black Pepper
- Line a sieve with a damp cheesecloth and place over a large bowl.
- Dump the yogurt into the sieve, cover with plastic wrap, and allow to drain in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Peel the cucumbers.
- Cut them in alf lengthwise.
- Using a teaspoon, scrape out and discard the seeds.
- Grate the cucumbers into a colander, using the large holes on a four-sided grater.
- Salt the cumcumbers and allow them to drain for 1/2 hour.
- Place the garlic, vinegar, and olive oil in a bowl and marinate while the cucumbers are draining.
- Squeeze the drained cucumbers as dry as possible and blot on paper towels.
- Place in the bowl with the marinated garlic.
- Add the drained yougurt and stir.
- Add a few grindings of fresh pepper and salt if necessary.
- Serve with toasted pita bread triangles.