Roasted Tomato Soup (#1360)
Soups Side Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 10 Tomatoes (3 lbs), cored, halved and seeded
- 1 1/2 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 Onions red, , chopped
- 1 Garlic Cloves minced
- 3 cups Vegetable Stock
- 3 tablespoons Basil fresh, , chopped
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place tomatoes on the baking sheet, cutside down.
- Broil until skins are blistered, about 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool. Slip off skins and chop coarsely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized saucepan, heat oil over medium-low heat.
- Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté until the onions are very soft, about 5 minutes longer.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender and process until smooth; return to the saucepan.
- Stir in stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least one hour.
- The soup can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator, for up to 2 days.