Individual Hamburger Steaks (#1359)
American Beef Main
Share This Recipe
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 Salt to taste
- 1 Black Pepper to taste
- Allow 1/3 to 1/2 pounds of ground beef per person.
- Season with salt and pepper, shape into oval patties, about 1 1/2 inches thick. Place on a broiling tray and pre-heat the broiler.
- Score the top of the steak with a knife into a decorative pattern (grill marks?)
- Broil for about 5 minutes to from a crust on top (keep an eye on them if your oven is really hot) then reduce heat to 425 degrees f and roast (bake) until they reached the desired level of doneness.
- It's a good idea to use a thermometer to ensure they are cooked through, the usda recommends 160 degrees f (71 degrees c).
- Serve with any of the following:
- Curry butter - cream curry powder with butter
- Sour cream-horseradish - mix sour cream with prepared horseradish and add some snipped parsley
- Sweet and sour bacon relish - boil together equal parts of vinegar and brown sugar, add crisped bacon, serve.